Becoming a tnAchieves Mentor
Who can become a tnAchieves Mentor?
- Any individual who wants to invest 10-15 hours annually assisting five high school seniors with post-secondary success
- Must be 21 years or older
- Subject to a background check
To become a tnAchieves mentor, you must...
- Apply online by November 1
- Complete mandatory mentor training by December 15
- Attend mandatory January Team Meeting
- Attend mandatory March Team Meeting
- Contact students at least once every two weeks from January through December
An effective mentor...
- Makes initial contact with students before January Team Meeting
- Reaches out to parents/guardians if possible
- Reminds students of all meetings and deadlines
- Attends January and March Team Meetings
- Encourages students to reach their potential
- Plays an active role in eliminating barriers associated with post-secondary access and success
- Assists students with community service opportunities
- Lessens the post-secondary intimidation factor by sharing personal experiences
*Mentors will recieve more information at mentor training
Don't have experience working in education? We will train you to feel comfortable working with your students! Meet Our Mentors here to get a better idea of what to expect.
If you are interested in becoming a tnAchieves Mentor, please review the requirements.
Mentor recruitment for the Class of 2015 will begin in the spring. If you have any questions about how to apply, please contact Graham Thomas at 615.604.1306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am currently a(n)...
- High School Student
- College Student
- Guidance Counselor
I want to become a(n)...
- tnAchieves Scholar
- Summer Bridge Program Participant